They had to take an aptitude test (multiple choice) to determine how much they knew about politics and government, most of the questions asked who were the heads of different parts of the government, political parties, UN High Commissioner, and important dates in their history. I have been in the country for a week and I already felt I could answer a few, but would have failed miserably if they had graded my test.
I talked to one of the participants of the training who is studying bio-med and wants to go to the US on scholarship- it turned into a very interesting conversation.
I spent much of my day talking with members of the organization about various topics: from Michael Jackson to gay marriage, imperialism and the colonialist era to Namibian weddings (which I was invited to attend!! I hope the offer pulls through!)
My friend W walked me home at the end of the evening which was very nice since the sun is already setting at 5pm!!
I also received a copy of the Namibian Constitution today.

No comments:
Post a Comment