The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Thursday, June 03, 2010

"Before 500 years ago, Africa was a dark continent"

The days are starting to blur a little bit, but I'll try and piece them together.

This morning the whole group piled into our white micro bus and headed out to Penduka, a non-governmental development organisation working with women in Namibia. This organization (which resembled more of a little nature reserve) encourages and supports women throughout the country to take charge of their lives. We did our group bonding here. It is on the Goreangab dam,. There were over 400 species of birds there, and I saw a lot. A heron flew by as well.

I didn't take either of these photos, but just a look at what Penduka looks like.


After our wonderful group bonding and ice breaker sessions, we headed back into Windhoek and did a couple of museum tours. We did a tour of the Nat'l history museum , where we had a tour guide give us some interesting interpretations of history, including the titled quote of this blog entry. Overall a long but very stimulating day.

No comments: