The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Friday, June 11, 2010

Africa World Cup


Last night I watched part of the 2010 World Cup Concert, I felt very connected to all those around the world watching it in celebration with me.
Today is the opening match; when South Africa scored their first goal, I could hear the sounds of car horns and plastic horns.. one of my co-workers ran into our room, basically jumping up and down. Even though none of these people are South African, the excitement of this event is not lessened by any means.

No comments: