The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Tragedy

Sir James Delancey of the Loyalists in 1776, was mobbed and died on this tragic day. He was attacked and asked to no longer speak in the Assembly, he refused, and called up on the British army to defend him. This did little help, and Delancey was defeated.

First-Year Seminar.. will never be the same

5 comments:

David said...

interesting little known fact; in our long family history in america I believe we were loyalists. someone from the family came over at the time of king philip's war around 1656 or so,and then at the time of the revolutionary war the family moved to canada.....you could ask Banny or uncle sam for more information.
dad

potato said...

speaking of history...
mackaill is officially my EE advisor ^^ yays!
be a strong kmetica, kay? <3

Anonymous said...

does that make you canadian? (commenting on what your dad said...)

<3 elp

Anonymous said...

an observation-
the timing is off on the time it says i posted a comment. really, it's 10:09 PM. not 8:04pm.
huh.

Anonymous said...

now for my original comment-

SAD!

<3 me again!