The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Saturday, December 01, 2007

crystals


shiny. broken. shattered. particles that float from the above
glitters that don't rub off when you wash with the hardest soap
when the darkness lingers
it will be our haven
a merry land of freedom upon a courtyard painted white
breathe breaks into wisps of smoke before they hide into the air
traffic stops but footsteps hold
onto the ground that will slowly melt away
for today


a lingering snow

4 comments:

David said...

hey moo;
your poetry is quite evocative, and somewhat dark at times, you okay? life in minnesota working for you or on you? I know it must be hard to be back in the middle of all that you left, but once it was all you knew, now, you get to know it again, differently, hope you are in good shape.
love you,
dad

Anonymous said...

so im lettin you know...the other is slovenian.
your poetry is... poetic.
much love.

Unknown said...

masha is your evil friend.

sincerely,
your awesome/good friend.

Anonymous said...

chris is lying.
a lot.
and even more.
what a liar he is...