The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Monday, August 12, 2013

Perks

One of the many perks of living in a foreign country where you haven’t known everyone around you longer than two weeks, you’re struggling significantly with the language, and you spend almost all of your time in a confined compound that is both your residence and your workplace, is that sometimes, just sometimes, the employer that allows you to be in such a situation, feels bad for you, and allows you to stay on the weekends in their beach house on the Caribbean coastline, with a bike culture, good sea food, and lots of beautiful beaches.
We call it Puerto; it’s official name, Puerto La Cruz (the area where our beach house is in is actually Lecheria…but let’s not get too technical). The other new staff members and I, along with some of the returning staff including our amazing secretary, her daughter, and the director, drove us out to Lecheria last weekend to see the 4 bedroom house which is a 2 minute walk from the beach. Yep..life’s hard.

1 comment:

Nats said...

Parque Nacional Mochima! Loveeeeeeeeee