After spending my entire Sunday decorating
my classrooms…yes I do have more than one… I went home, had a beverage, and
prepared myself for the fact that I have indeed, become a teacher.
I did pretty darn well for not having our
class’ schedule until 7am and having my assistant only a little exhausted after
she and her family drove from the coast just this morning at 4am! I have eight
beautiful and smart 3 year olds, all of whom had my assistant as their teacher
last year, so they know her well. I convinced most of them to call me Ms.
Morley or some variation thereof instead of “teacher”. I also taught many of
them how to count to 5, though I’m not sure they understand what that actually
means! I had 3 hours of prep today, which I used very well as I didn’t have
most of my curriculum or planning available until Sunday when I found the class
outlines and the Understanding by Design models used by our school.
So I survived. No crying from the kids
during the day, only a few spills, and most of them actually listened to me!
Here are a few pictures of the school grounds and of the drive from Puerto la Cruz to Anaco.
Elementary classrooms...my writing classroom is just a little further down
View of outdoor cafeteria patio and lower elementary wing in the background
View of the front of the school
View of the front of Matts apartment, mine is just next door on the right
Where I play basketball a few days a week





No comments:
Post a Comment