The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Thursday, August 08, 2013

Food poisoning and school starting



I´m going to attempt to ignore the fact that the entirety of my last post was about food, considering this post may also be about food...but more so about my body´s rejection of some of this amazing food.

Alright, the past 48 hours have been somewhat of a blur…. mostly because of all of the great activities I have taken part in, but moreover because of the intensely strong and impressively defeating food poisoning I obtained on Tuesday night. We’re still not sure what caused it, but I can say I lost some quick weight in a very short period of time.  I took the day off of orientation to take care of my body, much needed, but I certainly became acquainted with my house (more so my bano).

Over the past few days I have been going through orientation (nothing too exciting about that)… We have been working on getting our classrooms ready to go for school to start on Monday- I am not quite ready for either of my rooms, but we are getting there, slowly but surely. I have a lot to learn from the other teachers, but fortunately I have a lot of freedom in my curriculum for the writing classes I am going to be teaching in the afternoon (3rd and 4th grade together, and 5th and 6th grade together). The mornings will be what zaps my energy, as I will have Pre-K 3 year olds all morning every day, with my wonderful assistant Arianna, who is from Venezuela, has a high school daughter here at the school, and worked with all of our students last year in the nursery, so she knows all of them!

No comments: