I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school.
I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer.
I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.
you reach a point in your life when you recognize where 'home' maybe is. and you know it's not where you are. but don't know how to get there. i love all of you who help me try to make minnesota 'home' ~m
moo; welcome to the world of "who am I and how the hell did I get here?" I think it is what happens when you spend a big chunk of your life being in really strange places, doing strange things. You will be okay, go slow, know its only for a while that you have to be there, and then you get to be somewhere else. recognize these feelings of wierdness, get used to them, they will visit you alot through your life, because, being a traveller, someone who chooses to look around, alot, who is not afraid to look dumb, or simply be ignorant, you will feel wierd a fair amount of the time..if you want to laugh, go read my comments to seth's last blog entry, its about being in madrid last weekend for the ecis conference....life can be funny, even when its not easy.. we love you tons and tons, and know you will be fine, even when you miss what is most comfortable. dad
2 comments:
(smile)
moo;
welcome to the world of "who am I and how the hell did I get here?" I think it is what happens when you spend a big chunk of your life being in really strange places, doing strange things. You will be okay, go slow, know its only for a while that you have to be there, and then you get to be somewhere else. recognize these feelings of wierdness, get used to them, they will visit you alot through your life, because, being a traveller, someone who chooses to look around, alot, who is not afraid to look dumb, or simply be ignorant, you will feel wierd a fair amount of the time..if you want to laugh, go read my comments to seth's last blog entry, its about being in madrid last weekend for the ecis conference....life can be funny, even when its not easy..
we love you tons and tons, and know you will be fine, even when you miss what is most comfortable.
dad
Post a Comment