The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Away from school we go

After too many days in school we are finally on our Thanksgiving break! My friend Tatiana is staying with me at my grandparents' in Burnsville, Minnesota for the next five days. She is from Bolivia and experiencing her first MN winter, and Thanksgiving! Not too many plans for our five-day weekend other than doing lots of sleeping and eating, what else is Thanksgiving break for?

Less than a month until my best friend Erin flies in from Canada to visit and stay for a few days, as well as my parents who arrive back from Budapest on the 16th of December! Not any snow here yet but it is coming soon I guess or so I have been told.

Most likely going to walk around the Mall of America for awhile, not planning on going to the Black Friday Sales clustershopping (: Something I was not aware of that happens in the States.. apparently the day after Thanksgiving when everyone in the world and their mom goes shopping. Good times

More later!~The M Squad

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

it's not just everyone and their mom, it's everyone and their mom and aunts and grandmas and sisters, and friends. and anyone else. and husbands to carry the ridiculous number of shopping bags. the friday after thanksgiving is the biggest shopping day of the year. with the best sales. that it, if you have the patience to wait in line... people (some of my relatives even...) have been known to wait in line outside their favorite store for OVER an hour before the store opens at like 5 or 6 in the morning. just to be the "first one in" which of course, they're not. it's ridiculous.
welcome to america morley!

oh- and it snowed here today, and it stuck to the ground, so it should come soon for you.

-elizabeth-

Seth said...

hey moo,
glad you are doing well. thats funny that you are going/went to the mall of america. is there a reason you have russian on your blog, or is it just my computer that does that? send me an e-mail in response. miss ya!