The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Thursday, February 14, 2008

Morley


—Morley–

Beyond the meadow of the moor
lived an old chap who claimed his rule
over all he spoke.
Fear nothing, for you are my own.
I have loved you.
I hope you shall n’t be lost.
The gentle men’s soul spoke
in the wind, centuries fell like rain.

They spoke with unequivocal song
like that of a fairy tale, not a nightmare,
just a mystery.
They cried for a place on the earth
they traveled. Ever so dearly they cried
Not of pity, but of love, and strength.
Their veins smelt of cocoa and cinnamon,
their skin tasted of vigilance and heat.

The old man may be seen,
trotting along as he did before,
for it was he who began the remembrance.
No longer an ancestor. A giver.

They was she. The meadow. The moor.
The nature that bled from deep in her heart
like a leaf from an oak: slowly but surely

A star shone. Not one. But an eyes-view
of stories, or places yet unknown. For the
old chap didn’t know all the the places

she would go.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Elizabeth Super said...

you should put more of your poetry on here...you really are a fantastic writer.