The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Saying goodbye

The past few months have been chock-full of transitioning both physically and emotionally. I recognize that I didn't write much about the rest of my school year in Anaco, but I suppose that is reflective of how busy I was and how involved I was in the community I didn't make time to write.

The top five things I learned/felt in the second half of my year in Anaco:

1. Events in our lives are more unexpected and random that being flexible and open-minded will take away a lot of unnecessary stress.






2. Biking is my happy space and there is a community within this sport that transcends borders and languages.






3. Children are amazingly emotional and adventerous creatures, no matter how young.








4. Be grateful for the freedoms you have based on your birth-rights- gender, race, and even nationality.



5. Home is what you make it







I say goodbye to Anaco this summer; I shared hugs with my friends, students, and colleagues for a short while but I know i will be back eventually. Venezuela has a piece of my heart and I know the future holds many new adventures for me there.  Gracias por todo. 

No comments: