The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Monday, May 31, 2010

Arrival in Windhoek

After 24 hours of travel from Budapest, I finally made it to Windhoek. I'll try and keep my blogs short this summer since I know they can get a little boring or repetitive. I flew from Minneapolis last Wednesday to Budapest, through Chicago and Warsaw.
Spent the weekend hanging out with my parents, seeing teachers from AISB, and eating and sleeping a lot!
I will be heading back to Budapest, on my way home from Namibia.

I arrived today at 2:30 with the sun beaming down, probably 75 degrees out; there are palm trees at the airport which was a nice welcome. After 30 minutes waiting in line at customs, I got my tourist visa and found my bag, and the driver for the Center of Global Education (my program) holding a sign, awaiting my arrival.

Windhoek is encompassed by some high hills-not so much mountains- but pretty rugged hills. I'm excited to maybe climb some of them this summer. Orientation starts tomorrow, including a meeting at the US Embassy about safety.

More coming soon- off to enjoy being in Namibia!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds awesome Mo!
listen to those peeps at the embassy and be safe :)
claire