After working for eight and a half hours today at the U of M Aquatic Center, lifeguarding, I was ready to just go home, make a little dinner, get some exercise, and enjoy the sunlight. Because of the recent rain, allergies seem to have taken over the entire state of Minnesota, with people coughing, sneezing, and itching, it's delicious. Since about 7:00pm I have sneezed more than my monthly capacity, not really appetizing, sorry.
After walking to my local (Seward) Co-Op to buy some milk and fruit, I felt a little better but still very stuffy/itchy. The caretaker of my building has been helping me repair the bike I received from my dad, which is at least 30+ years old, so he was over working a little bit on that, while also trying to figure out why our second floor apartment has NO cold water pressure.
Since 7:00pm he has since taken apart some of the pipes in the basement, sawed off others, clanged a lot, and completely hindered the ability to have water for the rest of the evening, or the next week. This isn't really a problem, I actually find it more amusing because it seemed to be a simple project of cleaning up the rusty pipes a bit, to now trying to remove and replace pipes that have probably been in that basement for 100 years! (And yes, i do live in a 100+ year old building, it's gorgeous:
This was a really neat experience, a ton of the people in my neighborhood crept out of their houses to come see the fireworks, the best show I have ever seen (and it didn't even hurt my ears!) Families with their kids, gay couples, people of every ethnicity, people on bikes, at least 15 cars pulling over on the side of the bridge to get out and watch- it's not something I think a lot of "city folk" get to experience.
At the end of the finale, the old man on his bike says "god bless, everyone, goodnight" and rode away.

No comments:
Post a Comment