The Adventures of Morley

My photo
Krakow, Poland
I am currently living in the Pacific Northwest, spending my time working with students on Bainbridge Island in the Puget Sound in Washington state. I most recently returned from Krakow, Poland where I was working at an international school. I spent my youth (or much of it) in Europe: Belgium and then Hungary. I also lived in Bangladesh for a year, and Namibia for a summer. I love mountains and snow, but I am currently living in the land of heat, oceans, and jungles.

Friday, November 21, 2008

Next Semester Courses

French 1004- Intermediate French
Development of listening, reading, writing, and speaking skills in the context of cultural themes related to the Francophone world. Grammar review and elaboration.

Political Science 1201-Political Ideas and Ideologies

Analysis of key concepts and ideas (e.g., freedom, equality, democracy) as they are constructed by major theories and ideologies (liberalism, conservatism, socialism, etc.).

Political Science 3873W - International Citizenship and Global Ethics
Case studies of ethics in intervention, war, weapons, foreign aid, environmental practices, and human rights are used to examine the global ethical responsibilities of individual citizens and public officials; effectiveness of transnational social movements in influencing policy at domestic and international levels.

Teaching English Second Language-3001W - Basics in Teaching ESL
Basic orientation to current theories/methods of English as a second language (ESL) instruction. Emphasizes methodologies for teaching/assessing listening, speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing skills. Contexts of teaching English to adults in the U.S. and abroad. Internship at school or agency teaching ESL.

No comments: